International Technical Sales Engineer (F/M 100%) permanent contract, starting July or as agreed
We are currently seeking a technical sales engineer interested in joining a fast-growing Microfluidics start-up in Ecublens EPFL Innovation Park (Lausanne area, Suisse).
About Advanced Microfluidics SA
Advanced Microfluidics SA is a privately held company based in the EPFL Innovation Park, Switzerland. We are experts in automated miniaturized liquid handling, from nanoliters to milliliters.
We aim to speed up the development and reliability of microfluidic-based instrumentation technologies to enhance human welfare and environment.
Our mission is to develop and produce innovative microfluidic technologies for instrumentation dedicated to industries and academics, with an important focus on robustness, quality, performance and cost. In line with our vision, we are dedicated to create microfluidic solutions with very low internal volumes and designed for easy and smart integration for biotech, Medtech and life science application.
As our technical sales Engineer, you will be responsible for technical aspects in Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific zones (EMEA/ APAC). You will be the main point of contact to our current and future customers for all technical queries. You will support the sales team and manage the on-site service of our products.
This includes :
- Carrying out the demonstration, installation and training of all Advanced Microfluidics’s catalog product on-site
- Visiting existing customers, supporting technical inquiries and promoting our new products and services
- In charge of the technical scope and sales offers for customized technical sales projects
- Managing client relationship and cooperating actively with our Marketing and R&D team gathering customers feedbacks and field application needs
- Maintaining, servicing, repairing, updating, upgrading, expanding, adjusting and calibrating Advanced Microfluidics SA equipment at the customers’ site
- Recording all activities/sales administration and customer contact in the CRM
- Assisting the sales director with quotations, tenders, exportations procedures
- Assisting the sales director at international conferences, trade shows and workshop
- Assist the marketing with technical contents generation
- Working as a key member of an interdisciplinary team
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology if possible in microfluidic area
- Multidisciplinary engineer with innovative mindset: mechanics, electronics, bioengineering
- Sales/Marketing skills would be appreciated with past working experiences (at least 2 years) in scientific instrumentation
- Excellent proficiency in French and English (spoken/written C1 or C2), any other language would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required. Training experience would be a plus
- Strong organizational skills with capacity of shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Client services and satisfaction orientated professional with great sense of service and results orientated and an analytical approach for solving problems.
- Strong team spirit and ability to interact constructively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and from diverse culture
- Autonomy and sens of priorities, with flexibility and high level of adaptability in fast growing company
- Ability to travel extensively without restriction (up to 50 % worldwide) to meet clients or attend to international fair
- Swiss citizen or valid Swiss working permit preferable, EU citizen application will also be evaluated.
- Full time position based in the EPFL Innovation Park with opportunities to travel
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing startup
- A very interesting and stimulating job in an innovative high-potential field
- Excellent work conditions, autonomy, part of a highly motivated and qualified team
- We value individual contributions and group based solution
- We are a small dynamic and decision-making team in a fast paced environment and we want you to be a part of our story.
- Pleasant environment at EPFL Innovation Park, with the possibilities to benefit from sport and catering facilities.
If you think you fit this position, please send your CV, work certificates and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please apply to the following address: Moulinet, Thibaut thibaut.moulinet[at]amf[dot]ch